Have you ever wanted to be a part of a luxury yarn sock club?
There are many wonderful clubs out there, but some are very expensive, or there are limited spots available and you don’t get in, or you’re worried that you might get a kit that you’re not in love with, and then you might have to destash it.
What if you could be a part of a sock club where you knew you would get to knit with amazing yarns like Wollmeise, numma numma, Sanguine Gryphon Bugga, Tempted Hand Painted Yarns, Socks That Rock and more? What if that sock club didn’t cost you a penny? And what if you knew you’d have support to help you through tricky patterns and encouragement to finish that month’s pair of socks?
Are you interested? Then we invite you to join us for Year of Stash Socks – 2011! We all have some wonderful yarns in our stashes, but they’re just sitting there, waiting to be knit. We’ve tried the self-imposed sock club method, but after a couple of months we lose our motivation, get behind, and then give up. We believe YOSS is the solution. You’ll knit patterns we select with yarns from your stash, and have encouragement from new friends. At the end of 2011, you may have a smaller stash of luxury yarn, but you’ll have a grand stash of luxury socks and mittens.
The rules are simple:
- Knit one or all of the socks/mittens of the month as determined by your friendly moderators. You have an entire month. (You can start on them at midnight on day one.)
- Finish the pair during that month.
- All yarn used must come from your stash (that’s the whole point!).
- Post a photo on our Ravelry page when you’re done and tell us about it.
- Since this group is dedicated to the Year of Stash Socks patterns, we kindly ask that you only share projects with the group that are knit from the monthly YOSS patterns. Thank you for your understanding! Your Friendly Mods reserve the right to delete projects from the Recently Shared Projects section that don’t meet this guideline without warning – sorry to have to emphasize this!