Handcraft Charity Reading List
Are you looking for ideas for making items for charity? Sharon Kurth, Charity Coordinator, has compiled a list of books for knitting, crocheting, sewing or quilting to set you on your path.
If you have a favorite book of patterns suitable for charity giving, please let us know – email us the title and author.
- Craft Hope: Handmade Crafts for a Cause – Paperback (Aug. 3, 2010) by Jade Sims
- Crochet from the Heart: Quick Projects for Generous Giving by Kristin Spurkland (Nov 2005)
- Knit Along with Debbie Macomber: Charity Guide for Knitters (Leisure Arts #4803) by Debbie Macomber and Leisure Arts (Sep 1, 2009
- Knits from the Heart: Quick Projects for Generous Giving by Kristin Spurkland (Mar 2004)
- Knitting for Good!: A Guide to Creating Personal, Social, and Political Change Stitch by Stitch by Betsy Greer (Nov 11, 2008)
- Knitting for Peace: Make the World a Better Place One Stitch at a Time by Betty Christiansen and Kiriko Shirobayashi (Oct 1, 2006)
- A Passion for Knitting : Step-by-Step Illustrated Techniques, Easy Contemporary Patterns, and Essential Resources for Becoming Part of the World of Knitting by Nancy Thomas, Ilana Rabinowitz, and Melanie Falick (Oct 15, 2002)
- Quilting for Peace: Make the World a Better Place One Stitch at a Time by Katherine Bell and Thayer Allyson Gowdy (Oct 1, 2009)
- Quilts from the Heart: Quick Projects for Generous Giving (That Patchwork Place) by Karin Renaud (Feb 27, 2006)
- Quilting Party: Group Quilting for Celebration, Commemoration & Charity by Linda Chang Teufel (Mar 1, 2010)
- Simple Giving Crafts: Make to Give Handcrafts that Comfort by Vivian Peritts (Sep 26, 2005)